→ Sep 2, 2011
Yesterday I made homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies. This is the two I have left at home; both are normal marshmallow creme. I made six with Nutella marshmallow creme. They were soo good. A little too sweet for me, but that’s from the changes I made. I used this recipe (via Instructables), but I substituted for what I didn’t have. I used honey instead of molasses*, which explains why they weren’t as dark as the original recipe.
For the cookies:
- 1 cup margarine/butter, unsalted at room temp.
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (you can use steel cut or regular)
For the cream filling:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter/margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups marshmallow fluff (slightly less than the amount in a 7 oz. bottle)
Cream the butter, sugar, molasses*, vanilla and eggs together, until well combined.
Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix well with a fork. Pour half the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat together. Scrape the sides down and add the other half of the flour mixture and combine.
Mix in the oats by hand, scraping the bowl really well. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Refrigerate the dough while you make the creme (optional).
Cream the butter and powdered sugar. Add a pinch of salt and vanilla.
Whisk in the marshmallow until whipped. If it’s too runny, add more powdered sugar. Chill the creme while the cookies bake.
Make tablespoon size balls of dough and space about two inches apart. Bake for ten to fifteen minutes.
Cool on the sheet pan for a minute or two before transferring to a cooling rack. Bake remaining cookies.
Assemble ‘pies’ by putting a spoonful of filling on the bottom of one cookie, and pressing another cookie on top.
- queeniman likes this
- thischarmingmannequin likes this
- run-rabbitrun likes this
- goldenflow-ers reblogged this from tenthirteenfood and added:
- snazzyrhapsody reblogged this from tenthirteenfood
- amselectric reblogged this from tenthirteenfood and added:
- tenthirteenfood posted this